Every now and then I pull out the sewing machine and give it the old college try to whip up some little fabric jewel. When I saw some of my favorite KK bee fabric laying around the warehouse, I knew the perfect use. These Fabric Bookends are super easy and look so cute at the same time. The hardest part of this project is threading the sewing machine (fortunately our super seamstress Betty had threaded it for me 😁). Here are the steps and happy sewing.
2 13″x9″ pieces of fabric
2) Turn the tube inside out till the pattern shows on the outside.
3) Fold in the ends to prepare to sew one end.
4) Sew the ends together making a pocket.
5) Fill the pocket half way with rice and then finish with pillow foam.
6) This is the “tricky” part. Close the top end (folding in the edges) perpendicular to the bottom of the pocket. This is what makes the pyramid.
8) Sew the end shut.
9) Now for the fun stuff. Add some pompom trim and tassels.
(I just glued on the pompom and pinned the tassles. No need to make it complicated or hard on yourself 😉
This project was inspired by Grace Bonny at Design Sponge